Resources | Health News | Therapies | Fitness
Child Diet Strategies
- Find a balance with dietary calories and physical activity.
- Get sixty minutes of moderate to intense physical activity daily.
- Try to limit the amount of fruit juices and eat fresh fruits and vegetables daily.
- Reduce the amount of sugary beverages and snack foods as well as salt intake.
- Use nonfat or low fat milk.
- Use cooking oils and soft margarines low in trans fatty acids instead of butter.
- Eat more oily fish that is prepared by baking or broiling.
- Eat whole grain cereals and breads.
Reference: American Heart Association
This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use this material to diagnose or treat a health condition or disease without consulting with your healthcare provider.
Click above for Service Agreement and Contact Information. Accessing this service binds you to terms stated. Advertisements appear throughout this website as a means of funding the site. This site is updated monthly and operates independently of any health associations or organizations. The owner of this site has no medical training and the information presented comes from government resources and health professionals in their respected fields.
Home Page: Personal Health Zone
| We comply with the HONcode standard for
trustworthy health information:|