What are some ways to prevent and treat acne?
- Avoid wearing make-up, especially oil-based products to see if you notice any change in your complexion. Regular facials have been shown to be effective in deep cleansing of the pores.
- Do not squeeze pimples, it will increase the risk of inflammation and infection.
- Avoid stress as it can cause hormonal changes that contribute to the onset of acne.
- Wash your skin and shampoo your hair thoroughly and gently to get rid of bacteria.
- Over-the-counter products containing benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid may be helpful along with other facial cleansing products and astringents.
- If your acne is severe, consult a dermatologist to see what kind of treatment might be suitable for your condition. Recommendations may include oral or topical prescription medications or injections.
- Pay close attention to your diet and eliminate junk food and greasy foods. Consider investigating any allergies to foods or other products.
- Drink a lot of water throughout the day and avoid sugary drinks.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables, preferably organic, to cleanse your system.
- Some physicians recommend getting early morning sun on the face along with being more active or exercising on a daily basis.