Child Diet Strategies
– Find a balance with dietary calories and physical activity.
– Get sixty minutes of moderate to intense physical activity daily.
– Try to limit the amount of fruit juices and eat fresh fruits and vegetables daily.
– Reduce the amount of sugary beverages and snack foods as well as salt intake.
– Use nonfat or low fat milk.
– Use cooking oils and soft margarines low in trans fatty acids instead of butter.
– Eat more oily fish that is prepared by baking or broiling.
– Eat whole grain cereals and breads.