- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 15-18 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Rinse and cut all visible fat off of chicken breasts.
- Coat a skillet with nonstick cooking spray (nonfat), and preheat over
medium heat. Mince 2 of the garlic cloves, and place them in the skillet
with the chicken breast in the skillet. Surround the chicken with the
remaining garlic cloves.
- Cook the chicken for 2-4 minutes on each side, or until the chicken and
garlic cloves are browned. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Lay the onions, green peppers, and tomatoes over garlic cloves in
baking pan (9-13-inch). Arrange the chicken over the tomatoes, onions,
green peppers, and garlic. Pour wine and broth over chicken, and
sprinkle with oregano and pepper.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve chicken breasts with the vegetables and pan juices.
- Serving size: 1 chicken breast with vegetables
- Calories: 210
- Fat: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 72 mg
- Protein: 30 g
- Fiber: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 310 mg
Please feel free to modify these recipes for any dietary needs or special diets.
See also: Nutrition Articles